All-America Selections has announced the following new AAS Winners for the 2022 garden season. In a record-setting comeback, after a 17-year drought, the organization is now proud to have three breeding breakthrough Gold Medal Winners in just the past 12 months, demonstrating the top-quality genetics that are being submitted to the AAS Trials:
All AAS Winners are trialed throughout North America by professional, independent, volunteer judges who grow new, never-before-sold entries next to comparisons that are considered best-in-class. Only those entries that had garden performance superior to the comparisons are granted the AAS award designation. Comparison varieties can be found on each AAS Winner webpage and in the descriptions below.
The newest AAS Winners are:
- Begonia Viking Explorer Rose on Green F1 (National Gold Medal)
- Pepper Dragonfly F1 (National)
- Sunflower Concert Bell F1 (National)
- Tomato Pink Delicious F1 (Regional)
- Tomato Purple Zebra F1 (National)
- Tomato Sunset Torch F1 (Regional)
- Torenia Vertigo Deep Blue F1 (Regional)
The most recently announced AAS Winners from the past 12 months are:
- Celosia Kelos® Candela Pink (Regional)
- Echalion Crème Brulee (BGS-270) F1 (Regional)
- Eggplant Icicle F1 (National)
- Lettuce Bauer (National)
- Leucanthemum Sweet Daisy Birdy (Regional)
- Pepper Buffy F1 (National)
- Pepper Pot-a-peño F1 (Regional)
- Petunia Bee’s Knees (National Gold Medal)
- Squash Goldilocks F1 (National)
- Watermelon Century Star F1 (Regional)
- Zinnia Profusion Red Yellow Bicolor (National Gold Medal)
Growers, retailers and consumers will find these AAS Winners for sale as supply becomes available through the distribution chain. Click on the breeding company link below to email the breeder about ordering seed or cuttings. Garden communicators are free to begin writing about these varieties now to build demand.
NEW marketing! Newer AAS Winners are featured in custom videos in social media posts and on the AAS YouTube channel.
All AAS Winners are marketed through social media, public relations and trade shows and are proudly grown in 200+ AAS Display Gardens across North America. In addition, the AAS office creates and maintains a wide variety of marketing pieces and resources such as Printable brochures and Bench cards and variety markers.
NEW! AAS launched the Introduction Gardens program in 2021 as a way for industry to view the AAS Winners at their favorite Field Day, Grower Open House, Customer Day, etc.
The AAS website also now includes a page of Wholesale Sources to make it easier to source and purchase AAS Winners.