CNGA’s Horticulture Leadership Retreat is an opportunity for owners, managers and up-and-comers in new companies to obtain knowledge that can help benefit their organization. This year’s retreat will take place Friday, Nov. 8, to Saturday, Nov. 9, at The Park Hyatt Resort & Spa in Beavercreek, Colorado. Attendees will gain valuable insights from industry experts and peers through stimulating round table sessions.
Jonathan D. Pedersen, who is the vice president of sales and business development at Monrovia, will be the keynote speaker. He will discuss how long-term inventory forecasting is done at his organization. He'll share industry trends that you should watch, what economic indicators are best for forecasting and many more tips and tricks from his years of experience.
Attendees will be able to choose from eight roundtable discussions and topics, which will be facilitated by industry experts in banking, sales, IT, marketing, insurance and more. The topics are below:
- Business Succession Planning in Today's Business Environment
- Finding the Right Commercial Insurance partner in Challenging Green Industry Markets
- Three Practices You Have Today That Are Sabotaging Your Margins
- Creating Sustainable Sales and Business Development Strategies and Predictable Results
- Building a Lean Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Is Your Business Prepared for IT Challenges and Cyber Security Threats?
- How to Develop a Positive Banking Relationship and Maximize Your Business Capital
- A Different Digital Marketing Approach to Thrill Your Customers and Create Competitive Advantage
The agenda is as follows:
Friday, Nov. 8
2:15-3:00 pm – Registration
3:00-3:10 pm – Welcome and introductions
3:15-6:15 pm – Roundtable sessions – The facilitators will provide information about their specific topic and how it relates to the green industry, followed by Q&A discussions. Participants will rotate every 20 minutes and be able to sit at each table.
6:15 pm – Happy hour
7:00 pm – Fellowship dinner
Saturday, Nov. 9
8:00-8:30 am – Breakfast
8:30-9:15 am – Colorado Department of Agriculture update
9:30-11:30 am – Keynote presentation
This year, the meeting will be held at The Park Hyatt Resort & Spa. Attendees must book a room by Thursday, Oct. 17, to receive the discounted room rate of $149/night. Interested participants can book online or call the hotel at (970) 949-1234. Guests must mention they are with the Colorado Nursery & Greenhouse Association group.