RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. (June 27, 2018) — Environmental Science, a business unit of Bayer Crop Science, will introduce new Broadform fungicide at Cultivate ‘18, held July 14-17 in Columbus, Ohio.
With Broadform, growers can maximize foliar disease control on key pathogens including Botrytis, leaf spot, and dieback diseases, offering effective and long-lasting residual protection.
“Fungicide resistance is a growing concern among ornamental professionals— particularly for damaging pathogens like Botrytis,” Aaron Palmateer, Ph.D., Bayer Green Solutions Team specialist, said. “With Broadform entering the market, growers will have access to a strong rotational fungicide for protection from Botrytis and other key pathogens for when conditions are ideal for disease development in greenhouses.”
Broadform combines a proven QoI partner, trifloxystrobin, with fluopyram, a new active ingredient in the production ornamentals market and the only succinate dehydrogenase inhibitor (SDHI) of its kind. Together, the unique combination controls over 50 different pathogens, including those causing a variety of leaf spot diseases, anthracnose, tip blight, branch dieback, black spot, rusts, powdery mildews and Rhizoctonia diseases.
Broadform is expected to be available for purchase through authorized agents in September 2018.
Additional activities at Bayer booth #1247 and Cultivate include the opportunity to:
- Take a chance to win a Bayer product by visiting the booth on Sunday or Monday. Draw a ket, and it may unlock a prize-filled box with Broadform fungicide and Kontos and Altus insecticides. Full contest rules will be available at the Bayer booth and can be accessed online here.
- Enjoy a performance by magician Jon Petz at the Bayer booth on Monday afternoon from 12-5 p.m. EST.
- Visit two educational sessions, sponsored, by Bayer, including:
- Pollinators, Plants & You: a quick update held Monday from 10:45-11:15 a.m. at the Live for Growers Stage.
- Weeding Out Weed Control Costs in Container Grown Nursery Crops: an educational session on Tuesday from 8:15-9:15 a.m. in A210.
- Talk with Patrick Peterson – who was recently selected in the Greenhouse Product News 40 Under 40 Class – as well as the team of Bayer Ornamentals Specialists.
To learn more about Broadform, stop by the Bayer booth or visit www.backedbybayer.com/Broadform. For additional information, contact an authorized Bayer distributor.