The Horticultural Research Institute is making its last call for seven scholarship funds. The application deadline has been extended to Sept. 15.
Scholarships totaling $18,500 for the 2017-2018 school year are made possible by seven special HRI endowment funds that aid students who are seeking a lifelong career in horticulture. HRI and its member firms consider graduating students in horticulture to be the lifeblood of the green industry. The scholarship application and prerequisite information are available on the Horticultural Research Institute website. Learn more about the following scholarships at that link.
• The Timothy S. and Palmer W. Bigelow, Jr. (one, $3000 scholarship available)
• The Usrey Family Scholarship (one, $1000 scholarship available)
• The Bryan A. Champion Memorial Scholarship (one, $1,000 available)
• The Susie & Bruce Usrey Scholarship (one, $500 available)
• The Spring Meadow Scholarship (three, $3500 scholarships available)
• The "Muggets" Scholarship (one, $1500 scholarship available)
• The Carville M. Akehurst Memorial Scholarship (one, $1000 scholarships available)